Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Wadoo to play in exhibition match



Srinagar, May 23: The valleys international footballer Mehraj-ud-Din Wadoo will play in the exhibition match that is going to be held next week in the Polo ground Srinagar.
In the match former celebrity footballers will be featuring alongside Wadoo and it will be sort of fun exhibition match. This was revealed by Wadoo himself during press conference in which formation of player’s welfare association was announced.
He said, “It has been long time that football lovers of valley have seen me playing in front of them. I missed big opportunity last year by not playing in Santosh trophy due to India team coaching camp.”
“Whenever I was coming here during vacations everyone was asking me when they can see me playing and I had no answer for their questions. Now this exhibition match has given me opportunity to do that” he said.
He said that in the match former celebrities and current top level footballers of valley would be participating and it will be a fun match type with no serious football involved.
“The match would sort of fun match and I am sure spectators would love. We are planning to organize it in central Polo ground next week but that can be clear only after we get required permission from Sports council authorities. These types of matches are being played in outside countries and it will be first time that all celebrity fun-match would be played in valley” he said.

No comments: